Tuesday, June 4, 2013

The Sunset Blog

Hey Popsters,

It's been another great week! And I can't think of a better way to end it that this, which is writing a blog in a park as the sun sets in the horizon :)



Writing this blog entry...



















So I was about to start writing this blog entry at home, and I was feeling a bit sorry to sit inside as I could see the beautiful weather outside. I sat there on the sofa, but didn't get anything done since all I could do was just to stare out of the window as the sun set behind the roof tops, and that's when it hit me. I took my laptop and a blanket and went to the park next to our building. So here I am sitting in Koffin Puisto writing the blog and listening to Dire Straits in the beautiful sunset. This is the only way I'm going to do this in the future! :D

We had a great day today. We wrote a new song that we all liked a lot. The last couple of weeks haven't been our most productive ones, so it feels great to finally get some results from ones work. It's a great song and I'm pretty sure it's going to end up on our upcoming album. 

Another great thing about today was that we finally got the unplugged versions of some of our new songs to work. We've been working on those for sometime now and today they finally started to sound the way we wanted them to sound. Our songs have a big "in-your-face" sound and sometimes it can be really difficult to come up with an arrangement for the unplugged instruments without losing the original feeling of the song. We have an unplugged gig coming up next Saturday in Sysmä, so you can come to check it out yourself if we did good today :D

Like those of you who follow us on Instagram already know, we went boating yesterday. It was a beautiful evening as we cruised along the Helsinki coast line. The water was smooth as glass and the sunset colored everything orange and red. It was our first trip of this summer, but it won't be the last. There's a certain calmness in floating on still water, lying on the deck as the stars come out that you can't find anywhere else. It's a great feeling that everybody should experience at least once in their lifetime.



Ready to take off


The sunset yesterday







- Social Joe <3

Ps. We met Samu Haber from Sunrise Avenue today at the studio. He seems like a great guy, and I hope we do gigs together in the future :)

Pps. As some of you might have already noticed, Paul got an iPhone 5 a couple of days ago. Our Instagram and Vine are filling up with crazy photos and videos :D

Paul on Instagram :D


Ppps. Some girl sitting next to me has the most wonderful perfume. I'm mesmerized… ;D

2 comments:

  1. "Ppps. Some girl sitting next to me has the most wonderful perfume. I'm mesmerized… ;D" hahaha söpöö

    ReplyDelete
  2. pppps. it was probably lady gaga's fame cuz it's the best perfume ever

    ReplyDelete