Thursday, August 8, 2013

Finland-tour

Hi!

Sorry I'm late.. :( 


It's been an awesome summer!! A lot of sunny days throughout in Helsinki. We're giggin' full time right now, Saturday in Nagu, Sunday in the amusement park Linnanmäki, next Friday in Porvoo, and so on. A tour in Finland nowadays means that you have gigs every weekend, only occasionally on workday evenings. So, we are on a Finland-Tour a.t.m!! YEAH!


I've fallen in love with the Finnish flora and fauna, again. Happens every summer. 

In Houtskär: 






On Katajanokka
And even in Vantaa!! =D


We got new haircuts the other day in Loreal Studio. The coiffeur put at least a hundred different substances in it! Haha.
Me and John! =D

In my "R.E.S.P.E.C.T." Rediculously Experimentally Culinarist Paul's Extreme Cooking Thread foodblog I'm going to present you with a fresh food invention by me: The Pistachio Avocado Pasta. The core ingredient to the pasta is a pesto  that contains a 100g pistaccio nuts, two handfuls of fresh basil, 1dl grated parmesan and pecorino cheeses in a blend of your choice, and two avocados. I saved a few nuts to be roasted to top the pasta, along with cherry tomatos, some grated parmesan and a few leaves of parcley. The whole idea for a pistachio based pesto was actually a cause of a co-incidece when I forgot to buy pine nuts which I normally use for pesto. I then happened to have pistachios left in my drawer. =D The final tweak to this pasta was also a creation of circumstances. One of the avocados I had bought for the pesto was raw!! Damn!! This has happened earlier, and I was relatively pissed. This wasn't something that I could take happening again! So I figured as much: You can't eat a raw potato, but if you cook it, it's glorious. (well the potato for example is not a fruit like the avocado so not a perfect line of thought... but still) SO I fried a few slices of avocado in sesame oil to give it some more taste, and you know what, IT WAS GREAT! The avocado doesn't taste much either raw or fried, but once fried it was warm and gained a nice meatish texture, with a crisp skin which complemented the otherwise a bit saucy and cold avocado pasta. HAHA perfect! It's a breakthrough!!! Eat that.







Take care!
//Paul

1 comment:

  1. The Pistachio Avocado Pasta.... Sounds really good~ when i got time i'm going to try to make it *>* (。・ω・。)ノ♡ Have a nice day, Paul~

    ps. Mr.A asked to teach you : R-E-S-P-E-C-T (´∀`)

    ReplyDelete