Friday, August 2, 2013

Wet flop laptop


Hi Popsters,



I'm writing this post with my iPad. I love it and I will always stay by its side, but writing a bit longer text with it can be arduous (hah, yep Google Translate :D). So why I'm not writing this entry with my laptop? Well…

A couple weeks back I was going to our studio for rehearsals. I was going to the gym afterwards so I packed all my sportswear in the same backpack with my other stuff, including my laptop. Once I arrived I discovered that the shampoo bottle I had in the bag had opened during the bike trip and all of its content had poured on (and into) my laptop. After 30 minutes of cleaning up the mess I dared to switch on my computer. The laptop smelled better than ever, but somehow it failed to appreciate this point of view, and after about ten seconds the beautiful green screen turned into black. The repairman was quite impressed by the comprehensive destruction I've managed to achieve, and kindly suggested me that pretty much everything inside the laptop had to be replaced. Well, I guess wouldn't have come up with anything to do with those 900€ anyways, so what the hell… :D 




The last couple of weeks have been strange for me. Since we haven't practiced every day, I've had more time to do other things, and I've found myself reading a lot about the history of the 20th century, learning to play the guitar and starting a new gym routine. Nice, but I already miss waking up early and getting to the studio, and the satisfaction that comes along working hard. I'm weird, I know… :D

Axel playing on the Lauttasaari bridge. Guess the song :D



Since we're not writing new songs right now I needed to come up with something productive to do, so I bought an acoustic guitar. My finger tips have been sore ever since, and slowly some progress can be heard. As frustrating as learning difficult new songs and fingerings can be, the supreme hardest thing have been breaking a bad habit. You see I have played the guitar for years, and I've been able to play "campfire guitar" (I know the expression doesn't exist in English, but it means being able to play very simple basic stuff with the guitar). Now that I started to really practice the instrument, it turned out that for all these years I've been holding the pick the wrong way. Learning more complex stuff with the wrong technique proved to be impossible, and so I had to learn again how to hold the pick. And that's hard!! Since I've been doing this in a certain way for years, it have gotten into my "muscle memory" and changing it is so much harder than just learning something completely new. But as said, after a couple of weeks of frustration I finally got hold of it. I guess in the future I'm gonna play the guitar solos. Or not… :D


So beautiful... <3




This week I've been sick and so forced to stay at home. Very boring, but luckily I have Netflix and the guitar :D The weather haven't been the best ever either, so it made the task a bit easier :) 




As Krippe wrote last week we're gonna have some gigs this month all over the Souther Finland (check the dates from the previous post). Hope we'll see you there <3 


From our boat trip to Porvoo last week :)





- Social Joe <3



Ps. Who ever designed the plumbing system in our house, didn't know what he/she was doing! :D



Pps. Note to self: always put the shampoo bottle in a plastic bag before packing it. 

2 comments:

  1. This week I've been sick and so forced to stay at home. Very boring, but luckily I have Netflix and the guitar The weather haven't been the best ever either, so it made the task a bit easier Goedkope tablet covers

    ReplyDelete